Registers and schedules patients according to established procedures. Pre-screens patients to determine accurate financial responsibilities. Secures all legal consents and insurance information and obtains pre-certification authorization as appropriate.
- Registers, schedules and verifies each account in hospital registration system following all departmental procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Monitor Patient Check-in and advise clinical staff accordingly.
- Schedule patients according to established procedures.
- Review insurance verification/obligations with patient.
- Secure all legal consents and insurance information.
- Provide clerical support to clinical staff.
- Answer incoming Department calls.
- Contact Physician offices to obtain necessary documents.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Previous hospital experience in scheduling, registration or billing preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology and strong customer service skills.
Must be highly organized and capable of multi tasking
Normal office environment with possible exposure to infectious patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.