Under general supervision by the department’s Manager of Non-Government Receivables and Long Term Care, and Team Lead this position serves as an escalation point for end users working follow up accounts. In addition to being an escalation point, this position is held to the same standards and expectations as other Patient Account Representatives. The ideal candidate for this position is well versed in reviewing EOB’s and Follow Up accounts and will maintain the same productivity standards as end users.
- Escalate areas of concern regarding payment variance to team lead and Manager as established by department policy
- Obtain status on Non-Governmental outstanding accounts receivable, EOBs and follow up with insurance payers on claims
- Reviewing contracts for accurate payments and identifying payer trend issues with payment or codes
- Makes correct adjustments to bills per established procedure and contract
- Notates all accounts with outcome/resolution and/or next steps in accordance with departmental policies
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of insurance plan policy updates including authorization and medical necessity requirements
- Handles credits and refunds on account balances in accordance with departmental polices
- Overall awareness of specific insurance plans accounts receivable issues
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of departmental policies and procedures by attending department meetings and trainings (online and classroom)
- Demonstrates awareness of changes in payers contracts and monitors pricing in patient accounting system to ensure accuracy
- Will work all allowance discrepancy and follow up WQ’s for Non-Government and monitor their own account advisor WQ – TBD
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 Year Experience in Healthcare Billing Setting, Hospital Setting preferred
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.