CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Healthcare System is seeking an Accounting Manager for our three senior living communities. Accounting Manager reports directly to the VP of Finance and manages the month end process and financial reporting for all three Senior Service facilities.
- Manages two accounting personnel. Interviews, trains and supports new personnel when vacancies occur.
- Monitors departmental monthly budgeted expenses and works with Directors for variance explanations.
- Ensures monthly accurate analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts are prepared along with any inter-company reconciliation.
- Reviews the monthly statistical reports for accuracy.
- Develops appropriate reporting mechanisms to ensure accurate statistical reporting.
- Oversees the preparation of mandatory quarterly statistical and survey filings.
- Develops and maintains all Third Party Liability accounts.
- Oversees the preparation and reviews all Third Party reimbursement reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and analyzes Medicare/Medicaid Cost reports for opportunities to maximize reimbursement.
- Works with the Senior Services Directors in the yearly development of all Senior Services departmental supply/expense and salary budgets.
- Prepares and monitors the System’s capital budget activity.
- Assists in the preparation of the yearly Audit of the Consolidated Financial Statements & Footnotes for submission to external auditing firm in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all requests from Internal Auditing are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Addresses and handles daily financial transactions that come up through the email and or regular mail.
- Assists in the preparation of the System’s 990 tax returns.
- Identifies procedures needing improvement and recommends appropriate corrective action to management.
- Able to hold meetings/give presentations/think critically.
- Work autonomously.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required
Five (5) years healthcare budget and reimbursement experience preferred
Five (5) years supervisory experience preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of federal and state reimbursement procedures required. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills
to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.