Monmouth Crossing is an award-winning assisted living facility that offers residents the comforts and privacy of home without the responsibilities. This vibrant senior living community has the perfect balance of independence and support. Our residents enjoy an engaging lifestyle, companionship, and the security of knowing that help is available around the clock if needed. For the past seven years, Monmouth Crossing has earned advanced standing distinction from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and the Health Care Association of New Jersey. Earning Advanced Standing distinction means that Monmouth Crossing meets or exceeds quality benchmarks, such as ongoing employee training! Monmouth Crossing has also earned the Assisted Living Best Practice Award from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services three times. Last but certainly not least, our resident and family satisfaction scores consistently rank in the top 5 percent nationally according to Holleran scores.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Monmouth Crossing- an award-winning Assisted Living Community located in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none with serene outdoor patio areas and beautiful gardens, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Monmouth Crossing has an employment opportunity available for an Activities Assistant. The Activities Assistant provides assistance and support to the Activities Department in running daily activities for the residents. Helps plan and implement a diverse calendar of activity events. If an employee holds a Valid N.J. Driver’s License or a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), he/she may be required to assist in driving facility bus or facility car.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- High school diploma or equivalency with strong interest and/or ability in art, music, or helping the elderly required. Prefer Associates degree or possess college credits in a related field
- Experience in a Healthcare Facility preferred
- None for entry level. Must obtain AAC certification according to NCCAP standards within 3 years of hire date if a fulltime employee and within 5 years if a part-time employee (at least 18.75 hours)
- Ability to lead large and small group programs as well as one to one interventions. Must be willing to expand knowledge and interpret the needs of the aging and life span education by attending continuing education in-services. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.