Provides assistance and support to the Activities Department in running daily activities for the residents. Helps plan and implement a diverse calendar of activity events. If an employee holds a Valid N.J. Driver’s License or a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), he/she may be required to assist in driving facility bus or facility car.
Schedule: Monday-Friday,12-8 pm; every other weekend, alternating holidays required.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Responsible for the care of facility pets.
- Assures accuracy of daily Reality Orientation calendars/monthly calendars in a timely manner.
- Follows monthly calendars in providing scheduled programs.
- Sets up/cleans up activity rooms / supply closets to promote safety and optimal activity participation.
- Decorates designated areas to promote awareness of seasons, holiday, and special events.
- Shares responsibility for attending IDCP meetings and required documentation and communicates ideas and observations at departmental staff meetings.
- Maintains attendance records for activity functions when applicable.
- Provides instructions to volunteers who are assigned to them as well as assists in recruiting departmental volunteers.
- Associate’s Required
- Bachelor’s Preferred
- If no degree, must have NCCAP or CTRS certification at hire
- Experience in a Healthcare Facility Preferred
- NCCAP certification or CTRS certification Required. If not certified upon hire, NCCAP certification must be obtained within two years of hire date
- Ability to work with older adults, especially those with disabilities. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.