Plan, teach and coordinate a program of recreational, educational and creative arts activities for residents of the facility, performed in cooperation with residents, staff and community resources. Share responsibility for scheduling transportation runs and driving residents on these scheduled runs. Assists the Activities Director with care planning and departmental documentation. If an employee holds a Valid N.J. Driver’s License or a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), he/she may be required to assist in driving facility bus or facility car.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Provides a program of activities that will include entertainment, communication, exercise, relaxation, orientation, as well as an opportunity to express creative talents and fulfill basic psychological, social and spiritual needs.
- Develop an interest questionnaire and/or activity assessment to gather information to assess interests/talents of residents and plan activities accordingly.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures by attending to details of planning and running activities, including daily announcements, daily reality orientation boards, care of facility pets, monthly calendars, activities set up/clean up, seasonal and holiday decorations, bulletin boards, resident birthdays, Resident Council, ordering and organizing supplies, booking entertainment, interdepartmental communication regarding activity functions and miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Shares responsibility for attending IDCP meetings and required documentation and communicates ideas and observations at departmental staff meetings.
Experience in a Healthcare Facility Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
NCCAP certification Required Or
CTRS certification Required
NCCAP certification or CTRS certification. If not certified upon hire, NCCAP certification must be obtained within two years of hire date.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to work with older adults, especially those with disabilities. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal office environment with frequent exposure to sick or uncooperative residents.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.