Participates as a multi-disciplinary team member performing, activity assessments, assisting in the development of an outcome oriented patient plan of care, initiates and evaluates activity programming, and participates in monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of service through the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs and goals toward wellness and recovery.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in consideration of the needs of the age of the patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of age related considerations in the provision of activity services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Completes an assessment on all patients related to Activities within 72 hours of admission.
- Evaluations accurately reflect the patient’s leisure and recreational interests, goals, current ability to communicate, ability to participate in group and individual activities. The evaluation concludes with identification of targeted needs/ problems and identifies as meaningful activity interventions.
- Develops appropriate plan of care based on patient assessment and physician’s orders.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team in the development of the
- Comprehensive Treatment Plan.
- Engages the patient and assists the patient in developing long and short term activity goals.
- Updates treatment plan and activity goals as indicated by patient progress.
- Designs activity experiences that stimulates and fosters interest, encourages socialization, promotes wellness and recovery, encourages exploration and development of creative potential, teach new coping skills, increases self-awareness, bolsters self-esteem and conveys a sense of hope and worth.
- Assist patient’s to obtain and maintain optimal level of recreational/social functioning.
- Determines an effective approach to engage and integrate the patients to attend and participate in activity programming.
- Encourages patient to participate in appropriate activities based on assessment and goals.
- Provides support and encouragement to patients through group activity and individual interventions.
- Plans individual and group activities based on the patient assessment and goals.
- Evaluates the needs and goals of the patient population and adds new activities or modify existing programs as clinically indicated.
- Follows Standard Precautions.
- Confers with physician and multi-disciplinary treatment team regarding patient’s progress and treatment program.
- Documents assessments and notes concisely and accurately in the Computerized
- Information System.
- Keeps an accurate record of inventory.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses.
Bachelor’s Fine Arts Required Or
Bachelor’s Music Therapy Required Or
Additional Educational Requirements
Bachelors in Art Therapy.
2 Years of Related Experience In An Inpatient Mental Health Setting Required
Licenses and Certifications:
Certification in Activity Therapy Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a traditional hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.