Provides administrative support to department and director. Coordinates the day to day office duties including department, director and patient schedules. Assists in billing and authorizations for treatment.
- Manages front desk area in professional manner consistent with high patient satisfaction.
- Maintains department calendar and assists with scheduling department meetings and in-services.
- Orders and maintains office supplies at desired levels.
- Provides administrative support to director as necessary.
- Reports and quality of reports are professional and timely.
- Schedules patients for initial visit, follow up visits and obtains all required information prior to the patient’s first visit.
- Obtains all necessary authorizations for initial and follow up treatment with 99% accuracy, including insurance verification and approval of all associated modalities such as braces, tests, infusions and pharmaceuticals.
- Contacts patients scheduled for visit/treatment in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and works with physician offices to ensure accurate CPT codes and diagnoses for authorizations.
- Investigates and responds to patient billing inquiries, provides accurate and timely information.
- Obtains all necessary information for authorizations, including insurance verification, and approval of all modalities such as devices, infusions and pharmaceuticals in the MS Center for the patient encounter. For Wound Center works with Patient Access (Verification) with authorizations by providing billing information such as CPT/HCPCS codes and diagnoses to secure necessary authorizations.
- Schedules patient for initial visit, follow up visits and obtains necessary information to enter short registration.
- Uses insurance companies’ specific websites for new procedures to ensure coverage of procedure/service/supplies/drugs before scheduling.
- Responsible for verifying accurate charge entry for all visits and treatments through departmental reports/software system. Notifies staff or physicians of incomplete or inaccurate charges /signatures and follows through till chart complete. Communicates with Revenue Integrity on issues that may impact chart release.
- Reviews documentation for all necessary signatures so that charts are completed timely.
- Reconciles all charges daily and resolve issues that includes; correct Date of Service, procedures, diagnoses and supplies. Alerts Revenue Integrity for any issues that may impact billing/payment.
- Works with departmental ChargeMaster to ensure all services scheduled have a corresponding charge. Alerts Revenue Integrity to new services/supplies/devices to ensure appropriate charges are set up.
- Works with Revenue Integrity department on denied claims for additional documentation or information.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Additional training in secretarial skills required.
- Proven work experience as a medical administrative assistant.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certification in medical administration preferred.
- Preferred for the billing administrative assistant role.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated clerical, computer and communication skills.
Ability to multi-task.
Strong customer service skills.
Additional for billing tasks:
Hands on experience with medical software and MS Office
Knowledge of healthcare operations
Familiarity with medical and insurance regulations
Knowledge of regulatory terms such as National Coverage Determination, Local Coverage Determination and Medically Necessary.
General hospital environment.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential funtions.
[ Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ]
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.