Administrative Coordinator is responsible to assist in the planning, directing and supervising of the overall operation of the Nursing Department for a designated shift.
- Runs interference between departments and removes barriers.
- Makes rounds on all units to gather real time census information and expedite admissions and discharges.
- Facilitates inter-unit transfers.
- Decreases diversion with potential increase in Code Purple status.
- In coordination with Patient Access facilitates bed placement from PACU direct admission and emergency dept.
- Prioritizes patient flow.
- Validates potential vs actual discharges.
- Proactively opens holding unit by working with nursing units.
- Proactively starts patient movement prior to high volume time.
- Assists in transporting patients to floors at any time if transport is delayed. Knows what resources are available to help.
- Coordinates. oversees staffing needs and is able to alert other departments of future staffing needs.
- Maintains the patient tracking system.
- Responsible for handling real time patient throughput issues and escalating of issues to ensure that organizational goal is met.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum three years related nursing experience is required. One year of charge or relief charge nurse responsibility is required.
- Registered Nurse with current NJ license and CPR certification required. National Nursing Certifications are preferred.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.