Advance Practice Nurse – Care Coordination facilitates discharge orders and other needs that the patients may have so they can be discharged timely.
Schedule: 4-10 hour shifts per week or 3-12 hour shifts per week
- Able to handle all responsibilities of a case manager.
- To facilitate the discharge process place rehab orders as needed for the transition of care as required by most post-acute facilities.
- Facilitate discharge orders including Covid testing orders by communicating with attending physician and writing the actual discharge order.
- Facilitate the writing of DME (Durable Medical Equipment) orders when needed for patients. Furnish patients with appropriate prescription to obtain needed equipment.
- Facilitates the writing of level of care orders. When an account does not meet the level of care that the patient was admitted for and with collaboration with the attending physician enter the level of care order in the medical record.
- With collaboration of the attending physician write antiobiotic and/or oxygen orders needed for post discharge.
- Perform peer to peer appeals on post acute denials.
- Acts a back up for the Physician Advisor handling peer to peer appeals and written appeals when necessary.
- Perform secondary clinical assessment and documentation to support inpatient admissions as well as to support SubAcute, long term care(trach weaning necessity/settings) post discharge.
- Assists denials staff with open communication and feedback to medical staff in regards to denials due to level of care and insufficient documentation.
- Supports care coordinators to provide real time feedback to providers for improved documentation that will defend the length of stay.
- Works collaboratively with care coordination manager in process improvement in regards to length of stay, denials and readmissions.
- Support care coordination department with difficult discharges and/or refusal to leave facility to a more appropriate level of care.
- Bachelors degree required
- Current NJ APN license required
- Previous healthcare experience required
Inpatient hospital setting preferred
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.