Provides American Heart Association ALS training to corporate clients, community members, professionals and employees in the CentraState Healthcare System service area.
- Utilizes effective teaching strategies and materials to present materials in a clear, concise, appropriate manner.
- Adheres to the standards and protocols of ALS training as established by the American Heart Association.
- Prepares materials for class as appropriate and follows AHA and department guidelines for cleaning, decontamination and storage of equipment upon class completion.
- Demonstrates flexibility in teaching groups of various age levels and learning abilities.
- Observe students during instruction and practices and corrects improper CPR techniques as indicated.
- Grades written exams according to established AHA standards.
- Completes all course records, rosters and related paperwork in a timely, complete manner.
- Ensures students follow proper techniques for prevention and control of infection.
- Provides appropriate student remediation training as deemed necessary.
- Provides opportunity for participants to evaluate program content.
- Provides feedback to the coordinator and recommends methods to improve services.
- Accepts training and certification as an instructor in related fields.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Additional Educational Requirements
Training in the healthcare field.
2 Basic Life Support And Advanced Life
Support Provider Required
Licenses and Certifications:
ACLS Required or PALS Instructor Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal office and classroom environment with occasional visits to locations across the System and off-site. May have occasional exposure to infectious persons in teaching or health screening situations.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Frequently
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.