Coordinates unit operations for the Anesthesia Department under the direction of the Chairman of the Department of Anesthesia.
Duties include assisting anesthesia with the set up of IVs, intubations, and regional blocks; assisting in the positioning and supporting of patients for regional anethesia procedures; cleaning and decontaminating equipment; stocking equipment in anesthesia carts in the operating room, Endoscopy, and Labor & Delivery.
- Coordinates daily operations of anesthesia functions to ensure timely, quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides technical support to the Department of Anesthesia.
- Collaborates with anesthesiologists and operating room personnel to facilitate emergent, urgent and elective procedures.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement programs to achieve targeting patient quality of care outcomes.
- Assists in positioning and supporting patients for regional anesthesia procedures.
- Cleans and decontaminates equipment used in the anesthetic care of patients.
- Stocks all equipment and some drugs in anesthesia carts in the OR, LDRP, Endo and
- Performs between case clean up of anesthesia equipment and maintains changing circuits and tubing.
- Assists with determination of par levels of all supplies, identifying areas of waste.
- Eliminates outdated supplies.
- Orders and maintains adequate par levels for all anesthesia supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Sets up fluid warmers.
- Assists anesthesia with set up of IVs, intubations and regional blocks.
- Ensures proper equipment is available at all times for arterial lines, blood transfusions, Bier blocks, CVPs, and difficult intubations.
- Assist with fiber-optic intubation set up.
- Assists in the maintenance and calibration of all anesthesia equipment.
- Assists with OR turnover by providing fresh supplies and equipment to anesthesia provider.
- Reports equipment malfunction to Chairman of Anesthesia Department and Biomed engineer on duty.
- Coordinates with sales representatives, anesthesiologist and CRNAs to provide in-services for new equipment and supplies.
- Works effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
1 Year Experience As An Anesthesia Aide Required
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS Certification Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology, anesthesia equipment, including troubleshooting, calibrating and assembly required.
Knowledge of setting up invasive monitoring devices.
Excellent work ethic, attendance and ability to work under stressful conditions.
Must be able to do frequent bending, reaching, stretching, lifting and pushing heavy objects.
Ability to assemble, set up and take apart equipment is essential.
Demonstrates knowledge related anesthesia and effectively anticipates the needs of the anesthesiologists.
Able to set priorities and respond appropriately to actual and/or potential life threatening situations.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.