Coordinates unit operations for the Anesthesia Department under the direction of the Chairman of the Department of Anesthesia.
- Coordinates daily operations of anesthesia functions to ensure timely, quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides technical support to the Department of Anesthesia.
- Collaborates with anesthesiologists and operating room personnel to facilitate emergent, urgent and elective procedures.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement programs to achieve targeting patient quality of care outcomes.
- Assists in positioning and supporting patients for regional anesthesia procedures.
- Cleans and decontaminates equipment used in the anesthetic care of patients.
- Stocks all equipment and some drugs in anesthesia carts in the OR, LDRP, Endo and
- Performs between case clean up of anesthesia equipment and maintains changing circuits and tubing.
- Assists with determination of par levels of all supplies, identifying areas of waste.
- Eliminates outdated supplies.
- Orders and maintains adequate par levels for all anesthesia supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Sets up fluid warmers.
- Assists anesthesia with set up of IVs, intubations and regional blocks.
- Ensures proper equipment is available at all times for arterial lines, blood transfusions, Bier blocks, CVPs, and difficult intubations.
- Assist with fiber-optic intubation set up.
- Assists in the maintenance and calibration of all anesthesia equipment.
- Assists with OR turnover by providing fresh supplies and equipment to anesthesia provider.
- Reports equipment malfunction to Chairman of Anesthesia Department and Biomed engineer on duty.
- Coordinates with sales representatives, anesthesiologist and CRNAs to provide in-services for new equipment and supplies.
- Works effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
1 Year Experience As An Anesthesia Aide Required
Additional Experience Requirements
Or related experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
BCLS Certification Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology, anesthesia equipment, including troubleshooting, calibrating and assembly required. Knowledge of setting up invasive monitoring devices. Excellent work ethic, attendance and ability to work under stressful conditions. Must be able to do frequent bending, reaching, stretching, lifting and pushing heavy objects. Ability to assemble, set up and take apart equipment is essential. Demonstrates knowledge related anesthesia and effectively anticipates the needs of the anesthesiologists. Able to set priorities and respond appropriately to actual and/or potential life threatening situations.
Normal hospital environment with exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Frequently
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.