The Business Intelligence Senior Analyst will serve as a lead on all BI initiatives by developing and analyzing organizational requirements, and designing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions to address them. The Business Intelligence Senior Analyst reports directly to the Director Ambulatory Applications.
- Assists with formation and serve as Lead of an organizational data governance committee.
- Assists with the defining & enforcement of development standards in the Business Intelligence area.
- Collaborates with management, IT staff and business unit leaders to deliver BI solutions that successfully address business goals, initiatives & challenges.
- Designs and develops reports & dashboards to address organizational business requirements.
- Documents specifications, diagrams, business intelligence infrastructure and solutions.
- Guides & recommends BI Tool selection & rollout.
- Manages the deployment of enterprise level reporting platform.
- Manages the development, design, maintenance & implementation of ETL solutions.
- Manages vendors & coordination of vendor activities related to BI projects & applications.
- Mentors junior level BI staff.
- Performs analysis & integration of enterprise systems & applications into BI platforms and data models.
- Performs data warehouse design & programming including SQL, SSIS and scripting languages.
- Performs maintenance of metadata, including reports catalog and data dictionaries.
- Serves as organizational advocate for BI solutions.
- Troubleshoots & tunes performance of BI tools, systems & software as needed, including optimization of database performance through proper design & implementation of views, tables and indexes.
Bachelor’s Computer Science Preferred Or
Bachelor’s Information Systems Preferred
Minimum of 5 years direct experience as lead in area of Business Intelligence, including experience in the design of database architecture, data warehouses and data modeling
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Project management & development life cycle experience
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools & scripting
- Thorough understanding of relational database structures, theories, principals & practices
- Proven ability to successfully complete projects in an ambiguous work environment
- Experience in a Microsoft SQL Server environment preferred
- Experience in a healthcare field with working knowledge of clinical terminology preferred
- Experience with Siemens Decisions Support System is a plus
- Strong oral & written communication skills required
Normal office environment with frequent visits to departments throughout healthcare system
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.