CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Budget Reimbursement Coordinator. The Budget Reimbursement Coordinator assists in the development of the annual statistical, revenue, salary, supply and expense budgets for the Medical Center under the direction of the Corporate Director of Financial Operations and Vice President of Revenue Cycle and Managed Care.
- Reviews budget submissions for accuracy and follows up with Department Managers for clarification of inconsistencies. Prepares analyses in support of major expense categories/general ledger accounts for Senior Management review. Prepares statistics, expense and revenue monthly spreads for the budget.
- Assists in the preparation of month end financial package including statistical and expense variance analyses. Works in concert with General Accounting to generate monthly expense accruals.
- Prepares mandatory monthly and quarterly survey filings to outside agencies. Responds to external inquiries for additional information.
- Develops and maintains all Third Party Liability accounts under the direction of the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations. Prepares annual audit review document including all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of Third Party reimbursement reports, including but not limited to; Medicare/Medicaid cost report, IRIS GME/IME FTE Report, NJ Acute Care Hospital cost report, DSH Examination, Occupational Mix Survey, Tricare CAP/DME Reimbursement Request.
- Analyzes cost report settlement work papers for accuracy and identifies inconsistencies which require follow-up and/or resolution.
- Generates and reviews quarterly Provider Statistical and Reimbursement System (PS & R) reports to monitor Medicare payments throughout the year. Any discrepancies or material changes in payments are to be researched and communicated to the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations, Vice President of Revenue Cycle and Managed Care, and Assistant Vice President of Patient Financial Services with appropriate corrective action taken if necessary.
- Reviews and validates government agency published data files related to Medical Center reimbursement including but not limited to, occupational and wage index files, state subsidy allocations (Charity Care, GME, DSRIP) cost to charge ratio calculations and Medicare/Medicaid rate components/factor updates.
- Supports government payer audits by researching and providing documentation, as requested.
- Loads new Medicare/Medicaid rates (including Cost to Charge Ratio and any other factor updates) into the financial system and communicates information to any other system or contracted vendors who utilize rate factors as part of their engagement with CentraState, with notification to the Assistant Vice President of Patient Financial Services and Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations.
- Under the direction of the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations interprets and quantifies the impact of new Federal and State regulations.
- Provides analytic support as needed and dictated by department and senior management.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare required
- Three to five years in Healthcare Financial experience preferred
- Prior cost report preparation experience desired.Strong analytical/communication skills are required, including but not limited to, spreadsheet preparation and analysis, presentation development/delivery, and the development of internal/external correspondence.
- Must be computer literate and possess the skill set to learn/utilize new software and to identify/implement improved functionality of existing software.
- Possess strong decision making skills within the scope of the position.
- Must be able to successfully perform multiple functions, be readily available to adapt to shifting priorities, and maintain a high level of productivity to achieve departmental goals
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.