To provide transportation for the residents of Applewood and Applewood utilizing any of the Senior Services vehicles
- Provides considerate, respectful care focused on the residents; individual needs
- Responsible for the safe transport of a frail population of residents and patients to medical appointments and leisure stops
- Aiding residents on and off buses
- Assisting residents in folding and opening walkers and securing in allocated storage areas
- Putting wheelchair bound individuals on and off the bus lifts and ensuring that they and their devices are secured safely in the wheelchair spots on the buses.
- Assures safety of residents by assisting with use of seatbelts, escorting residents on and off the buds and when necessary, into doctors’ offices.
- Responsible for general maintenance of vehicles including preventative maintenance, checking and replenishing of levels of oils, washer fluid, etc and maintains daily maintenance logs.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience with Senior Citizens preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
CDL operator’s license/New Jersey, clean driving record required.
CPR certification required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to handle minor medical emergency situations with seniors.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Exposure to various degrees of temperature, dust, dirt, and resident areas requiring the use of universal precautions.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.