To provide transportation for the planned activities of the residents of Applewood Estates and Monmouth Crossing utilizing any of the Senior Services vehicles. To assist in the planned activities, where appropriate, as a representative of Activities/Building Services.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Responsible for general maintenance of vehicles including preventative maintenance, replenishing fuel, oil, windshield washer fluid, and maintaining monthly logs on mileage.
- Assures safety of residents by assisting with using seatbelts, escorting residents on and off the bus. Remains and assists residents for the duration of the trip when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with Senior Citizens preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CDL operator’s license/New Jersey, clean driving record required.
- CPR certification required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to handle minor medical emergency situations with seniors.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Exposure to various degrees of temperature, dust, dirt, and resident areas requiring the use of universal precautions.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.