CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Our new Cardiovascular Interventional suite opened on February 14, 2022. The new suite offers the complete integration of leading-edge imaging and technology to diagnose and treat patients with cardiovascular disease and other conditions using minimally invasive alternatives to surgical procedures. Our ‘Suite” team consists of expert Radiologists, Vascular Surgeons, Electrophysiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Radiology technologists and Registered Nurses collaborating to provide innovative personalized care to our community.
We are seeking a Cardiac Cath RN performs a variety of nursing services to Cath Lab patients including technical and patient care as they relate to Invasive Cardiovascular services. Works collaboratively and is expected to function in the roles of nurse, monitor and radiology. Sets up electrical and hemodynamic transducers, calibrates, obtains and records angiographic data, assesses continuously and attends to patient needs, administers medications, assists in arterial and venous blood sampling, mentors new staff, monitors patients vital signs, participates in life-saving measures. Performs age appropriate care while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient.
Performs nursing services to Cardiac Cath and Interventional Radiology patients including technical and patient care in accordance with the ANA practice standards and specialty organizations. Provides 24 hour on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent, and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively and documented.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Maintains and upgrades own nursing practice and development.
- Educates patient in cardiac disease process and introduces cardiac rehab recovery plan.
Educates patient on cardiac cath/interventional radiology post procedure instructions and provider follow up.
Two years critical care experience, or clinical cardiology, radiology or closely related field for at least 3 years
Licenses and Certifications:
Active NJ RN license required
IV certification required
Speciality certification preferred. Moderate Sedation certification required. Basic knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology and hemodynamics.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.