NJ RN (BSN) Clinical Care Coordinator
Monday – Friday * Full Time
Use your clinical experience to facilitate patient care from pre-admission to discharge by managing, coordinating, and monitoring resources to achieve optimal financial outcomes, resource utilization and quality service. This position will offer you the chance to
- Provide education to the patient/family
- Review hospital records to determine medical necessity for admission and continued stay.
- Utilize effective communication strategy with patients, family, physicians, nurses, staff members and other professionals.
- Facilitate post-hospitalization discharge needs of the high risk patient. Coordinates services in conjunction with social worker.
- Flag and refer quality issues, suggests solutions and facilitates implementation of selected solutions.
And so much more.
Knowledge of utilization, quality improvement or case management preferred. Computer literacy preferred. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Become a part of the Care Coordinator Team, Apply Today.
- Provides education to the patient/family regarding the disease processes and planned treatment/intervention as it relates to discharge plans.
- Reviews hospital records to determine medical necessity for admission and continued stay according to specific criteria and regulations.
- Utilizes effective communication strategy with patients, family, physicians, nurses, staff members and other professionals to achieve desirable or acceptable patient outcomes and a perception of satisfaction from the individuals involved.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes work to obtain the greatest impact on clinical, financial and service outcomes.
- Facilitates post-hospitalization discharge needs of the high risk patient. Coordinates services in conjunction with social worker.
- Demonstrates ability to accomplish quality of care and length of stay goals.
- Maintains communications with all relevant services to ensure quality care and timely discharge planning.
- Flags and refers quality issues, suggests solutions and facilitates implementation of selected solutions.
- Actively seeks innovative methods for improving service in the area of case management. Participates in RAC audit steering committees and post-acute tracking.
- Provides guidance and direction in discharge planning to social workers.
- Collects and documents accurate data within established time frame.
- Billing certifications needed for one day stay admissions, level of care changes and denied day are faxed to the billing department within 3 days of patient’s discharge.
- Assesses and identifies patients requiring Case Management intervention in the Emergency Department.
- Collaborates with other team members to assure appropriate bed assignment and admission through application of Interqual criteria.
- Develops an initial discharge plan for selected patients in both Emergency Department admitted patients and observation patients.
- Offers alternative care settings when criteria indicates a need or additional clinical documentation is required.
- Participates in performance improvement activities in Emergency Department in an effort to provide optimal outcomes and patient and staff satisfaction.
- Serves as a resource to the Emergency Department and hospital as it relates to System/community resources and nursing care facilities for OBS, ED, and admitted patients.
- Works with Emergency Department and attending physician to facilitate use of admission order sets.
- BSN or Bachelor’s Degree in related field or current enrollment in BSN or related Bachelor’s Degree program required.
- Two years general clinical hospital experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license required/NJ.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of utilization, quality improvement or case management required. Computer literacy preferred. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.