Certified Medical Assistant will be working in our OB/GYN practice at Women’s Health Specialists of CentraState. Individual will be responsible for meeting, greeting and assisting patients, scheduling patient appointments, answering phones in a professional and courteous manner, phlebotomy, administering vaccines, preparing patients for examinations, obtaining vital signs, documenting patient medical information and assisting providers.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately collects patient data utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the physician.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic patient care.
- Provides appropriate interventions as directed by physician.
- Reports and documents patient condition and patient care outcomes to physician.
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques.
- Assures exam, treatment and utility rooms are clean, in order, appropriately stocked and ready for use.
- Prepares instruments to sterilize in autoclave, cleans exam tables as needed.
- Inventories and maintains of stock medications and patient care supplies; reorders as needed.
- Reviews and prepares patient records prior to appointments, scans appropriate documents into patients chart.
- Schedules patients in electronic health record computer system.
- Runs daily clinical reports to verify all test orders have been received for provider to review.
- Finalizes all kept appointments in electronic health record, adds to recall, prints patient plans and submits any necessary referrals at physician’s requests.
- Monitors and documents daily all temperatures in clinical refrigerator.
- Assists physician with reconciliation of medications and patient refills to pharmacies.
- Retrieves prior authorization from payers for procedures if required.
High school diploma or equivalent
Healthcare experience preferred.
Experience in an OB/GYM office setting preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Medical Assistant required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Professional and courteous telephone skills
Strong data entry skills; Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm
Knowledge of medical terminology
Works in an outpatient clinical environment with frequent exposure to sick patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.