Provides supportive nursing assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, Joint Commission, and CSHS policies and procedures.
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately collects patient data utilizing learned technical skills under the direction of the RN.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic patient care.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated.
- Provides appropriate interventions as directed by nurse.
- Reports and documents patient condition and patient care outcomes to nurse or physician.
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques.
- Assures exam, treatment and utility rooms are clean, in order, appropriately stocked and ready for use.
- Prepares instruments to send to central services for disinfecting or sterilization; cleans wheelchairs and exam tables as needed.
- Inventories and maintains of stock medications and patient care supplies; reorders as needed.
- Pulls and prepares patient records prior to appointments; accurately files records.
- Assists to schedule patients in clinical computer system as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
ired Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in an outpatient clinical environment with frequent exposure to sick patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.