Provides daily assistance of ADLs for residents and supportive nursing assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, NJ Department of Health and Senior Services laws, JCAHO, and CentraState Medical Center policy and procedures.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Accurately reports concerns or a change in Resident status to the RN/LPN.
- Provides partial and complete personal care to the residents.
- Assists in performing tasks to maintain resident mobility.
- Assists with Resident meal services and participates in the maintenance of the nutritional and hydration needs of the Resident.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to Resident and nurse.
- Notifies nurse immediately of Residents having pain/discomfort.
- Collects resident data utilizing learned technical skills.
- Assures Resident is safe prior to leaving them:- Has all items within reach- Call bell within reach- Alarms attached and working Restraints are applied according to care plan- Bed/ Chair proper level and location- Foot rests attached to wheelchair- Assures residents room is tidy prior to leaving
- Informs resident and escorts to activity as necessary.
- Assists residents with toileting and has proper incontinent product as per care plan.
- Attends IDCP meetings regarding your resident (depending on shift).
- Assures C.N.A care plan is accurate and updates when indicated.
- Communicates ideas and observations.
- Promotes a positive attitude with residents and families.
- Continually improves quality of services provided.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CNA required or eligibility within four months of employment is required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in resident care areas with exposure to infectious diseases, dirt, dust and odors.
Daily exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.