The PC Analyst II configures, implements, supports and maintains all computer hardware, software and systems.
- Completes necessary procedures and repairs to ensure that PC’s are continually maintained in a functional mode and are accessible to users.
- Maintains up to date hardware and software inventories and deploys security updates throughout the System utilizing Microsoft’s SCCM solution.
- Develops and deploys User and Computer based Group Policy Objects / GPO’s and PowerShell scripts as necessary.
- Replaces non-functioning or defective computers following established procedures.
- Installs network hardware, software and peripherals as needed.
- Processes access request forms and creates account setups for new or modified users.
- Investigates hardware and software problems and takes the appropriate action for resolution
- Responds to users requests in a timely manner.
- Two years of college or electronic technical school or equivalent training in computer repair required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in personal computer support and repair.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a solid understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Must have a solid understanding of a Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
- Must have solid experience creating and deploying Computer / User Group Policy Objects (GPO’s)
- Must have solid experience managing and utilizing Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Must have a good understanding of writing and deploying PowerShell scripts.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other PC applications.
- Must have solid troubleshooting skills along with the ability to run diagnostic programs and tests to isolate hardware, software and or communications issues in cooperation with software vendors and or hardware manufacturers to resolve a wide variety of technical difficulties.
- Must have strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
Normal office environment with frequent visits to medical center departments and locations across the System or off-site.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.