The Clinical Laboratory Assistant performs a full range of technical activities in support of and under the general supervision of a Laboratory Technician, Technologist or Laboratory Supervisor.
- Performs instrument set-up.
- Obtains and/or receives laboratory specimen; prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Assists with and/or performs standardized testing procedures using both manual and automated methods under general supervision.
- Recognizes common technical problems and is able to correct them under supervision.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Enters and retrieves patients’ data accurately, utilizing the laboratory computer system.
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform instrument maintenance
- Becomes familiar with troubleshooting techniques for the major instruments.
- Performs Quality Assurance activities related to the laboratory and test performance.
- Records temperatures as appropriate
- Maintains laboratory records in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- Maintains reagents inventory and laboratory supply inventory.
- Participates in the internal/external quality assurance, performance improvement activities and programs.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Specific Certification related to position or Associates Degree/Technical Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of prior experience
- All licenses and certifications needed to fulfill the duties required
- Performs moderately complex clinical activities and/or leads patient care activities
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, frequently in ambiguous situations
- Work is guided by previous experience, quality and service standards, and direction from clinician
- Regularly models/mentors and trains junior staff on technical skills
- Serves as technical specialist on daily tasks and cases
- Medical terminology experience preferred
- Experience performing healthcare patient registration preferred
- A strong customer service focus with the ability to develop effective working relationships, required
- Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer applications, required
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in clinical practice and healthcare informatics, as well as new developments and innovations in hardware and software technology
- Demonstrated initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.