Under direction of the Executive Director Perioperative Services, plans, directs and supervised the overall operation of the Operating Rooms. Maintains 24-hour responsibility. Works within the department and as a part of CSHS management team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management. Provides, evaluates and maintains quality of patient care in accordance with current policies and procedures, AORN Standards, ANA Standards, the NJ Nurse Practice Act and NJ Practical Nurse Act, Joint Commission, NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, and Specialty Organizations incorporating evidence based practice. Utilizes the Nursing process to plan and direct patient care activities in a culturally sensitive manner. Evaluates the effectiveness of Nursing care through the analysis of Nurse Sensitive indicators and patient outcome
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extentpermitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for.\
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.\
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Establishes and implements standards of care based on evidenced-based nursing practice and evaluates patient care through the application of the nursing process and compares the delivery of the care to the established standard(s).
- Along with the Clinical Educator, plans and facilitates unit based education to maintain and enhance the clinical competency of the nursing staff.\
- Develops and implements a professional growth plan for each staff member by enforcing attendance at appropriate in-service training sessions,encouraging staff to attend outside seminars and assigning duties to maximize development.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or related field is required
- Masters Degree required
- Minimum three years related nursing experience is required; previous supervisory preferred
- Registered Nurse with current NJ license and BLS certification required
- CNOR certification desirable
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.