CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Clinical Pharmacist. The Clinical Pharmacist provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. The Clinical Pharmacist assists Clinical Coordinator with daily operations and clinical services.
- Processes (Reviews for appropriateness, Clarifies, Profiles, Verifies, and Dispenses) orders in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
- In emergent situations assists with department needs.
- Performs Clinical Interventions based on P&T approved protocol and clinical / professional judgement.
- Actively supplies drug information and is a clinical resource to physicians, nurses, other allied health care professionals and patients.
- Performs transitional care and direct patient care within the scope of pharmacy practice.
- Provides pharmaceutical care consultations upon practioners request and or by protocol.
- Evaluates and optimizes drug therapy for better patient outcomes with an emphasis on high risk patients.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator develops, implements and monitors on-going services and new initiatives.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Assists the Clinical Pharmacist Specialist and Clinical Coordinator with clinical needs and projects.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
- PharmD required
- 1 Year Residence OR (BCPS) Board Certification OR 3 years clincal pharmacist experince
- 1 year of Hospital experience preferred
Required Licenses Certifications:
- Pharmacist License in the state of New Jersey
- ACLS required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word® and Excel®
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.