Provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. Assists Clinical Coordinator with daily operations and clinical services.
- Processes (Reviews for appropriateness, Clarifies, Profiles, Verifies, and Dispenses) orders in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
- In emergent situations assists with department needs.
- Performs Clinical Interventions based on P&T approved protocol and clinical / professional judgement.
- Actively supplies drug information and is a clinical resource to physicians, nurses, other allied health care professionals and patients.
- Performs transitional care and direct patient care within the scope of pharmacy practice.
- Provides pharmaceutical care consultations upon practioners request and or by protocol.
- Evaluates and optimizes drug therapy for better patient outcomes with an emphasis on high risk patients.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator develops, implements and monitors on-going services and new initiatives.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Assists the Clinical Pharmacist Specialist and Clinical Coordinator with clinical needs and projects.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
1 Year Residence OR
(BCPS) Board Certification OR
3 years clincal pharmacist experince
1 year of Hospital experience preferred.
Required Licenses Certifications:
Pharmacist License in the state of New Jersey.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word® and Excel®.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.