CentraState Helathcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Clinical Pharmacist. The Clinical Pharmacist provides quality pharmaceutical services to patients, physicians, nurses and other health professionals in accordance with established professional standards. The Clinical Pharmacist assists Clinical Coordinator with daily operations and clinical services.
- Processes (Reviews for appropriateness, Clarifies, Profiles, Verifies, and Dispenses) orders in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
- In emergent situations assists with department needs.
- Performs Clinical Interventions based on P&T approved protocol and clinical / professional judgement.
- Actively supplies drug information and is a clinical resource to physicians, nurses, other allied health care professionals and patients.
- Performs transitional care and direct patient care within the scope of pharmacy practice.
- Provides pharmaceutical care consultations upon practioners request and or by protocol.
- Evaluates and optimizes drug therapy for better patient outcomes with an emphasis on high risk patients.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator develops, implements and monitors on-going services and new initiatives.
- Quality / Performance Improvement
- Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
- Assists the Clinical Pharmacist Specialist and Clinical Coordinator with clinical needs and projects.
- Regulatory / Professional Standards
- Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
- Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
- PharmD required
- 1 Year Residence OR (BCPS) Board Certification OR 3 years clincal pharmacist experince
- 1 year of Hospital experience preferred
Required Licenses Certifications:
- Pharmacist License in the state of New Jersey
- ACLS required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word® and Excel®
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.