Under the direction of the Clinical Director, manages the Point of Care Testing program throughout the hospital system. Manages laboratory compliance in relation to policies, procedures, and HIPAA. Supervises the operation of the laboratory computer system. Works within the department and as a part of the Medical Center’s Management Team to operationalize the patient care and service goals and objectives established by senior management.
- Acts as a technical resource to staff and resolves problems or refers to Manager or Director.
- Participates in Divisional or System-wide initiatives by providing advice and counsel in area of expertise, and working on committees as assigned.
- Monitors Quality Control, Proficiency testing and training, and maintaining documentation while assuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Develops Performance Improvement Plans and achieves desired results. Continually assesses and improves the quality of services provided and documents results.
- Receives satisfactory evaluation of performance policies and procedures for POCT, and Lab General, where applicable.
- Prepares new procedures for POCT and other disciplines (as needed), per regulatory standards.
- Ensures completion of all required reports and documentation.
- Assesses the programs and activities of the section as they relate to the patient care goals of the System and recommends new programs and services.
- Utilizes effective teaching strategies and materials to provide staff education programs.
- Reviews course evaluations and utilizes feedback to improve programs.
- Maintains documentation of staff educational activities in accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with various disciplines to provide appropriate instruction.
- Participates in committees and task groups to facilitate education throughout the System.
- Reviews discipline specific literature and communicate major issues and developments to management and staff.
- Participates in seminars and other off-site educational sessions.
Bachelor’s Medical Technology
Additional Educational Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology.
5 Years Laboratory Services
3 Years Supervisory Experience Preferred
Additional Experience Requirements
Minimum of five years laboratory experience. Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
ASCP registration Required or
HEW registration Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a clean, well light and ventilated area. Some exposure to unpleasant odors and fumes.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.