Assists in the production of attractive, palatable and therapeutically correct foods in compliance with sanitation regulations for residents and employees. Assists with all special food functions.
- Obtains needed supplies from storeroom freezer, etc to complete daily assignments.
- Ensures standardized recipes are used in preparation of all menu items.
- Inspects and tastes food for quality, presentation, and adherence to menu.
- Works closely with the chef/senior cook in preparation and blast chilling of foods.
- Assists with special functions.
- Adheres to departments opening and closing procedures
- Presents and garnished food in an attractive manner.
- Adheres to State Sanitation codes and regulations.
- Ensures all equipment and food temperatures are recorded and corrections are taken as necessary.
- Assists with inventory and projected orders, prepares and places food and supply orders as assigned.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Two Years Culinary School Culinary School Preferred
High school graduate or equivalency desired. Two years culinary school or training preferred.
Experience In Quantity Cooking In A Hotel, Restaurant Or Hospital Preferred
Therapeutic Cooking Experience Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a clean, well-lighted and ventilated kitchen. Atmosphere is warm, moist and odors from cooking foods. Subject to sudden changes in temperature when entering refrigerators and freezers.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Frequently
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.