The Credentialing Coordinator under the supervision of the Manager of Medical Affairs coordinates and processes the credentialing of new applicants for Medical Staff membership and/or privileges in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws and Departmental Rules and Regulations so as to assure the maintenance of qualified practitioners who provide patient care in the hospital. The Coordinator notifies applicants and Hospital personnel of action(s) taken per established Departmental policies/procedures.
- Receives and screens all requests for Medical Staff membership and/or privileges
- Initials the credentialing process, including the dissemination of reference requests and state and federal verification correspondence
- Schedules and coordinates all appropriate interviews and meetings during the credentialing process
- Maintains continuous contact via phone, email and/or in person with candidates for appointment and all agencies and intuitions who have been requested to supply credentialing information
- Reviews and organizes all data received and prepares files for presentation to Credentials Committee, Department Chairpersons, the Medical Director and the Medical Executive Committee
- Conducts orientation and onboarding for new providers
- Enters new provider data into appropriate systems and appropriately notifies other departments of these changes as needed
- Drafts correspondence and requests for information, following department policy for release of information
- Coordinates and provides administrative support (preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes) for departmental/medical staff committee meetings as assigned
- Provides administrative support for the processing of reappointment applications and privileging
- Closely monitories information collection; cognitive analysis of all information received, evaluates adequacy and quality and pursues additional information if necessary
- Responsible for the technical and administrative support of all functions of the Office of Medical Affairs as required or assigned. These functions include but are not limited to, updating changes to provider profiles, answering incoming telephone calls, scanning/indexing Credentialing documentation in electronic credentialing software system, monitoring Physician Lounge for cleanliness and availability of supplies
- Responsible for entering and maintaining Resident information in the credentialing software system
- Communicates to the Manager of any concerns relative to the Office of Medical Affairs
- In conjunction with the Manager of Medical Affairs, handles and/or is kept up to date on all confidential or sensitive issues concerning Medical Staff members and activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Two to five years’ experience with Medical Staff credentialing in a healthcare environment preferred
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification required within three years of employment
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and State standards required
- Must be computer literate, including data base management
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.