Operates CT scanner to image designated portions of the body. Responsible for mentoring and training students in a cooperative learning environment.
- Performs CT scans on patients as directed according to established procedure.
- Assists patient after completion of examination in preparation for departure.
- Prepares room, equipment and materials needed for examinations, positioning aids for patient comfort and security and protective shields and apparel.
- Reviews images, documents completion of case, scans required documents and transmits to the Radiologist via PACS.
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from ED Physician or APN for CT Brain Code Stroke Protocol.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Additional Educational Requirements
High school graduate or equivalency plus formal radiologic technology training at an AMA school. Additional on-the-job training in CT required.
Radiology Technician Preferred
CT experience Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
State license / New Jersey Required
ARRT Certification Required
CT certified or eligible for CT registry Required
Additional Certification/Licensure Requirements
CPR or BLS required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with exposure to infectious diseases and radiation. Must rigidly observe monitoring and safety procedures to avoid overexposure to radiation.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.