Provides health education and/or screening programs for community members, professionals and employees in the CentraState Healthcare System service area. Assists Coordinator in developing, evaluating and marketing programs.
- Utilizes effective teaching strategies and materials to present materials in a clear, concise, appropriate way.
- Prepares materials for class as appropriate.
- Works with the other instructors to develop course content based on the needs of participants and community members.
- Reviews participant evaluations with Director and colleagues and makes improvements where indicated.
- Demonstrates flexibility in teaching groups of various age levels and learning abilities.
- Provides feedback to the Director and recommends methods to improve services.
- Incorporates new applicable information in the field into class materials.
- Provides opportunity for participants to evaluate program content.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Ensures that all participants have completed necessary paperwork, including release forms where appropriate.
3 Years Teaching Required
5 Years Nursing Preferred
5 Years Health Education Required
2 Years CDE experience required
Hospital Inpatient/Medical care experience required
Strong Clinical Experience required
Additional Experience Requirements
Minimum of three years teaching experience and five years nursing and/or health education experience in specialty area.
Licenses and Certifications:
RN or RD License / New Jersey Required
CDE – Required
BLS certification Required
Additional Certification/Licensure Requirements
Certification in teaching specialty area required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal office and classroom environment with occasional visits to locations across the system and off-site. May have occasional exposure to infectious persons in teaching or health screening situations.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Additional physical requirements:
1 to 10 pounds – frequently
11 to 20 pounds – occasionally
21 to 40 pounds – rarely
Must be able to demonstrate use of glucose testing devices (glucometer,lancing device) as well as insulin administration via syringe/vial and pen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.