Evaluates nutrition needs of the patients/residents and plans appropriate intervention based on current medical and nutrition status. Provides nutrition education to patients and residents as health care personnel as conforms with and is accepted by the AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) standards with constraints of Joint Commission, CMA, and NJ state health regulations.
- Evaluates patient nutrition status for impact on disease process, using current Medical Nutrition therapy.
- Develops appropriate care plan to correct nutrition deficits and achieve optimal nutrition state.
- Educates patient/significant others for nutrition/dietetic strategy post discharge.
- Participates as an; integral health team member through discharge rounds and daily contacts with physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers.
- Displays commitment to excellence through patient satisfaction and enhancement of clinical skills.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree qualifying for AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) membership and registration. Completion of an approved internship/CUP program including therapeutic and administrative curriculum.
- At least one year hospital clinical experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment in kitchen and on patient floors.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds –
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.