All services provided to residents with the goal of fulfilling their nutritional needs. Includes assessment, development of care plans, counseling residents re nutrition. Evaluation of adequacy. Develops nutritional Interdisciplinary Goals, Annual MDS and Quarterly updates. Conducts Food Service sanitation reviews.
- Integrates current Medical Nutrition Therapy through participation in interdisciplinary committees and in development of multidisciplinary nutrition policies, programs.
- Completes nutrition assessment of resident inclusive of current medical Dx, medical Hx, pertinent lab data and medications and residents’ ability to consume adequate nutrition.
- Develops Nutrition Care Plan inclusive of resident’s desire to adopt interventions necessary.
- Completes MDS and identifies IDT goals for appropriate residents.
- Monitors residents’ progress towards goals and documents in the Medical Record within established time frames.
- Effectively monitors food service operations and recommends changes where necessary to optimize the quality of services provided. Participates in TQM program.
- Communicates pertinent information to Food Service Director/Staff and members of the Healthcare Team through daily contacts, reports and annual in-service as scheduled.
- Adheres to current Diet Therapy standards through maintenance of Diet Manual and analysis of resident menu.
1 Clinical Nutrition Preferred
1 Long Term Care Experience Preferred
Additional Experience Requirements
One to three years’ experience in clinical nutrition and long term care experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Registration from the Committee of Dietetic Registration (CDR) Required
Membership in the American Dietetic Association Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal office and resident unit environment with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Continuously
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.