CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
The ED Coordinator RN administers culturally sensitive nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, The Joint Commission, professional standards and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures in accordance with evidence based nursing practice. Utilizes the Nursing Process in providing patient centered care. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care through the analysis of nurse sensitive indicators and patient outcomes. Continually monitors patient flow throughout the emergency department. Functions as clinical resource throughout the medical center. Responds to code blue, STEMI and Stroke alerts as part of the team throughout the organization.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as appropriate. Follows up on any delegated components of care and assignments given.
- Make decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Follow CSHS Pain Assessment policy.
- Coordinate staffing needs with assistance from the Staffing Office and/or administrative support.
- Reports unusual occurrences to appropriate personnel and ensure that proper and supporting documentation is completed.
- Relays pertinent handoff information concerning patients condition to appropriate personnel, such as staff nurse, oncoming Charge Nurse.
- Assures that assignments are made in a timely and equitable fashion, in accordance with unit practices.
- Ensures that the narcotic count is completed. Investigates any discrepancies noted immediately.
- Coordinates lunch, dinner and breaks for staff.
- Provides input pertaining to staff evaluations.
- Verbalizes, understands and assigns/assumes coverage for LPN.
- Assigns beeper/mobile phone to staff at start of shift.
- Understands and ensures compliance with the transfer process to another acute care facility – EMTALA Form (Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act).
- Consistently promotes teamwork within the unit and between departments.
- Acts as a clinical resource for ED nursing and practitioner staff in the ED and throughout the medical center.
- Acts as a resource for clinical information system utilized in the Emergency department.
- Active member of at least one in hospital committee. Active member of the ED Practice council.
- Assists in the interview process for RNs, ED Techs and secretaries.
- Collaborates with the Nursing Supervisor/Administrative Coordinator, ED physicians, ED Management to assess medical center for code purple activation, or diversion.
- Communicates effectively with Sr. Administrative Coordinator/ Admin Coordinator and other departments regarding barriers to throughput.
- Clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and department functions (The Joint Commission, DOHSS, EMTALA).
- Directs nursing personnel in emergency situations (i.e. fire) to assure patient/ staff safety. Collaborates with administrative personnel and complies with CSMC policies for environmental safety. Collaborates with EMS and local municipalities as part of daily operations to ensure patient safety.
- Continually monitors ED patient flow in all care areas of the ED Facilitator of admissions, discharges, and transfers in and out of the unit.
- Flexible with staff and assignments when change occurs. Demonstrates ability to cope with and manage change as well as assist others in the same.
- Maintains RN competencies required for emergency department. Supports and assists staff in daily operations as required.
- Oversees patient assignments based on triage acuity.
- Provides staff verbal discipline counseling and communicates to ED management for follow up.
- Proactively addresses patient and family issues and concerns with the goal of resolution.
- Supports quality improvement initiatives set forth for the emergency department as well as the organization. Monitors and ensures compliance in achieving quality goals, and assists staff in achieving the goals.
- Supports organizational patient throughput goals.
- Uses supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Verifies competencies for Unit Secretaries, EDT, RN, LPN.
- Able to verbalize and demonstrate proper rationale and techniques surrounding all aspects of indwelling urinary catheter care as per policy #4668.
- Fulfills the requirements for competencies and completion of annual mandatories surrounding indwelling urinary catheters.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
Two years of emergency services experience required.
Two years of supervisory experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license/NJ required.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification required.
- Successful Completion of Basic Dysrhythmia course to be achieved with First Year.
- CSMC IV Certification to be achieved within first year.
- Stroke Education requirements to be achieved within first year then maintained thereafter.
- Specialty credentialing required to be achieved within the first year and maintained thereafter includes: 8 hours of basic trauma education, ACS education, PALS or ENPC required.
- National Nursing certification required within one year.
- Must complete assigned education provided by Crisis Prevention Institute.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.