Records and manages the information of the electrical conduction of the heart muscle on an electrocardiogram recorder to assist the physician in the diagnosis of cardiac disease.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal changes in EKG recording.
- Removes Holter monitor recorders.
- Gathers data for pacemaker evaluation transmits.
- Immediately reports to station calling code or MRT, prepared with EKG equipmen
- Effectively manages EKGs within the Pyramis ECG management system.
- Correctly calibrates and adjusts electrocardiograph equipment.
- Recognizes artifact and takes appropriate steps to eliminate same.
- Performs proper lead placement.
- Obtains stat readings within one hour and disseminates to appropriate providers.
- Assists with orientation of new employees to department.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Completion of EKG course preferred. Will consider candidates with relevant on-the-job experience in lieu of course.
- Previous or related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- BLS required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology. Must be able to use computer and keyboard.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.