The Emergency Department Technician provides skilled technical assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards, JCAHO, and CSHS policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department.
- Cleans stretchers and prepares room for next patient
- Assists with the elimination needs of the patient while providing privacy and dignity.
- Correctly feeds patients.
- Assists in stocking of rooms and carts in ED.
- Performs tasks to maintain patient mobility.
- Accurately performs incentive spirometry and pulse oximetry.
- Is an active member of the ED Tech Practice Council.
- Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and/or capillary finger stick.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year nursing assistant healthcare experience required OR
- Successful completion of an approved CNA or PCT training course required OR
- Currently enrolled in a degreed nursing program AND completed an introductory nursing course such as Nursing 101 or equivalent OR completed a semester of a school sponsored clinical rotation in an acute setting OR
- One year EMT experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
BLS certification (American Heart Association only) required.
Phlebotomy certification preferred.
EKG certification preferred.
EMT certification preferred.
*Glucose, Phlebotomy, and EKG certifications are provided by CentraState during orientation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.