CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Finance Operations Analyst. As part of the Finance Operations team, the Finance Operations Analyst. prepares financial analyses, assists in the month end financial close, generates financial reports utilizing our decision support tool and supports the annual budget process for the Medical Center.
The ideal candidate must possess a high technical aptitude, have an understanding of general accounting principles, demonstrate advanced excel spreadsheet skills and exhibit the willingness to learn new software/systems. A BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required. 2-3 years healthcare experience is preferred but not required.
- Assists in completion of monthly financial close activities including preparation of monthly statistical reports, variance analyses and other related worksheets. Publishes month end reports for department manager access/review.
- Generates reports in support of monthly A/R Valuation process.
- Prepares and disseminates monthly financial/statistical dashboards.
- Assists in completion of Medicare/SHARE cost reports and other required governmental reimbursement filings.
- Prepares and submits monthly B-2 and quarterly FAST report survey. Compiles data for external survey requests, as directed.
- Shares responsibility for maintenance of budget and decision support software.
- Assists in completion of operating budgets under the supervision of the Finance Operations Manager and as directed by the Corporate Director of Finance Operations.
- Reviews budget submissions for accuracy and follows up with department managers for clarification.
- Prepares budget analyses in support of major expense categories/general ledger accounts for senior management, as directed.
- Utilizing the decision support tool, generates Product Line P & L’s and monthly standard departmental reports. Analyzes and reviews results with manager and Corporate Director of Finance Operations prior to publication/dissemination.
- Prepares other financial analyses, responds to information requests and provides assistance in support of other projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or related field required
- Two-three years healthcare experience preferred but not requried
- Advanced computer knowledge and strong analytical skills required
- Strong writing abilities and knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.