Finance Operations Analyst prepares financial analyses, assists in month end financial close and supports annual budget process for the Medical Center. Finance Operations Analyst is responsible for maintenance of decision support and budget systems as directed by respective area manager.
- Assists in completion of monthly financial close activities including preparation of monthly statistical reports, variance analyses and other related worksheets. Publishes month end reports to CentraNet for department manager access/review.
- Generates reports in support of monthly A/R Valuation process.
- Prepares and disseminates monthly financial dashboards under the direction of responsible manager.
- Assists in completion of Medicare/SHARE cost reports and other required governmental reimbursement filings under the direction of the Manager of Budget and Reimbursement.
- Prepares and submits monthly B-2 and quarterly FAST report survey data under the direction of the Manager of Budget and Reimbursement.
- Compiles data for external survey requests, as directed.
- Responsible for maintenance of budget and decision support software under the direction of Manager of Budget and Reimbursement or Manager of Decision Support, as appropriate.
- Assists in the maintenance of AS400 transaction codes and G/L mappings for patient billing. Updates system as directed.
- Responsible for security maintenance related to Finance report access via the CentraNet.
- Assists in completion of operating budgets under the supervision of the Manager of Budget and Reimbursement and as directed by the Corporate Director of Finance Operations.
- Reviews budget submissions for accuracy and follows up with department managers for clarification.
- Prepares budget analyses in support of major expense categories/general ledger accounts for senior management, as directed.
- Utilizing decision support tool, generates Product Line P & L’s and monthly standard departmental reports. Analyzes and reviews results with manager and Corporate Director of Finance Operations prior to publication/dissemination.
- Prepares other financial analyses, responds to information requests and provides assistance in support of other projects, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
Minmum three years financial experience in healthcare required.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Advanced computer knowledge and strong analytical skills required.
Strong writing abilities and knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Strong numerical aptitude.
Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal office environment.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Continuously
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.