Prepares and serves food. Cleans and maintains the assigned area
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Presents and garnishes food in an attractive manner.
- Prepares food and beverages for all meals as assigned including catered events.
- Responsible for recording resident attendance at every meal.
- Follows daily scheduled utility cleaning guidelines as assigned.
- Adheres to State Sanitation codes and regulations.
- Documents dish machine temperatures according to department policy.
- Documents Alkali test results according to department policy.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures regarding sanitation standards of the dish machine, pot sink and the cleaning of knives.
- High School graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Short order cooking preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal food service environment with intermittent exposure to changes in temperature.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Never
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.