Prepares and serves food. Cleans and maintains the assigned area
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Prepares food and beverages for all meals as assigned including catered events.
- Obtains needed supplies from storeroom freezer, etc to complete daily assignments.
- Assures proper food temperature is maintained during hours of operation.
- Takes full responsibility for overall set up for grill area, which includes keeping up par levels for all items used daily.
- Organizes and stocks all refrigerators at grill area and hot station. Makes sure all items are labeled and dated and that FIFO is being used for all items.
- Keeps hot food in steam table fresh and at high quality.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of bread station.
- Responsible for organization of work area in hot station area.
- Responsible for keeping manager aware of any items needed to run a successful kitchen.
- Helps with new menu ideas to help sales of Greenhouse café.
- Helps coach other staff members that need help.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Two years culinary school or training preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic command of English language (speaking, reading, writing) and basic math skills required to ensure correct perform duties, understanding and following instructions, dietary restrictions, etc for patient, resident and employee safety.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and customers.
Must be able to adapt to circumstances that arise and be able to make decisions quickly to problem solve any issues that may develop.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.