Prepares and serves food. Cleans and maintains the assigned area
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Prepares food and beverages for all meals as assigned including catered events.
- Obtains needed supplies from storeroom freezer, etc to complete daily assignments.
- Assures proper food temperature is maintained during hours of operation.
- Takes full responsibility for overall set up for grill area, which includes keeping up par levels for all items used daily.
- Organizes and stocks all refrigerators at grill area and hot station. Makes sure all items are labeled and dated and that FIFO is being used for all items.
- Keeps hot food in steam table fresh and at high quality.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of bread station.
- Responsible for organization of work area in hot station area.
- Responsible for keeping manager aware of any items needed to run a successful kitchen.
- Helps with new menu ideas to help sales of Greenhouse café.
- Helps coach other staff members that need help.
- High School graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Previous experience in short order cooking preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal food service environment with intermittent exposure to changes in temperature.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds –
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds –
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.