Food Service Workers Position
This position will require a candidate to serve residents in a restaurant type atmosphere and be able to perform other responsibilities such as:
- FSW is a rotating position that includes: wait staff, buss, porter, dishwasher, receiving/ stocking, hosting.
- The Director of Dining Services has a color coded schedule to equally distribute job duties/responsibilities throughout the work week. One day a FSW can be assigned waiting tables the next day working on the dish-machine, porter for receiving inventory or host.
- The host includes setting up and transporting the hot box for the memory impaired community so the CNA can serve the residents, taking attendance in the main dining room as well as serving the residents.
- Night shifts which may start at 11am 7pm or 4pm-7pm (3:30 for night host) also has a night time differential pay
- All FSW are responsible for prepping food, expo’ing from the kitchen and delivering to tables, busing tables, cleaning dishes, stocking condiments and supplies, cleaning equipment, mopping floors, unloading deliveries from the truck, delivering food orders to resident rooms, stocking a coffee cart with fresh fruit and coffee, etc.
- All employees will be trained in each position by veteran workers. Candidate will be shown each position and the responsibilities and expectations for the overall job.
- *** Candidate must be available to work rotating Am and Pm shifts. ****
The hours of operation are from 7am -7pm. The community is open 365 days a year and all holidays. Regardless of in-climate weather
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Presents and garnishes food in an attractive manner.
- Prepares food and beverages for all meals as assigned including catered events.
- Responsible for recording resident attendance at every meal.
- Follows daily scheduled utility cleaning guidelines as assigned.
- Adheres to State Sanitation codes and regulations.
- Documents dish machine temperatures according to department policy.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Two years culinary school or training preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic command of English language (speaking, reading, writing) and basic math skills required to ensure correct perform duties, understanding and following instructions, dietary restrictions, etc for patient, resident and employee safety.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and customers.
Must be able to adapt to circumstances that arise and be able to make decisions quickly to problem solve any issues that may develop.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.