The Health Equity Coordinator duild relationships within the community, including community based organizations (CBOs) and faith based organizations (FBOs), with the goal of finding new opportunities to foster trusting connections among people who have been marginalized or disproportionately affected by certain health conditions. Deliver equitable access to health promotion and disease prevention services including but not limited to COVID-19.
- Build relationships within the community, including community based organizations (CBOs) and faith based organizations (FBOs), with the goal of finding new opportunities to foster trusting connections among people who have been marginalized or disproportionately affected by certain health conditions. Deliver equitable access to health promotion and disease prevention services including but not limited to COVID-19.
- Engage with community stakeholders to establish local and culturally-tailored interventions and build community connections through targeted outreach (e.g., local senior services centers, correctional facilities, day laborer assembly locations, barbershops, migrant farms, and other community service agencies).
- Coordinate vaccine clinic dates and times with external organizations. Plan for the necessary staffing and supplies to provide vaccine clinics according to grant-funded work plans and deliverables.
- Work with CentraState’s Community Health Workers (CHWs) to support the organization’s health equity efforts to target populations that are marginalized and disproportionately affected by COVID-19 or other health conditions.
- Transport supplies to pop-up clinics as needed using the Live Life Well van or personal vehicle as appropriate.
- Implement culturally-tailored interventions to meet the short-term and long-term health needs of the diverse population
- Measure and evaluate the monthly progress and effectiveness of health equity initiatives in collaboration with the population health analyst.
- Use the electronic medical record system to accurately register and document patient encounters.
- Prepare data collection and analysis of grant projects for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a health care environment with project coordination experience
- Familiar with medical terminology and electronic medical record systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.