CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Health Unit Coordinator / Unit Secretary. The Health Unit Coordinator / Unit Secretary provides receptionist, data entry and clerical services to nursing units.
- Coordinates new admissions and transfers with admitting, other departments, Physicians, Nurse Manager, and other facilities as necessary.
- Sets up and maintains resident charts.
- Accurately completes all required reports and forms within established timeframes. Maintains unit log books.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies by remaining aware of the level of supplies as they are depleted and replenishes as appropriate.
- Maintains daily bedside charting by placing all necessary paperwork in hot boxes on admission and retrieving paperwork at time of discharge.
- Accurately enters Resident information and laboratory orders into computer system.
- Coordinates Resident appointments with ancillary departments, diagnostic centers and other health care agencies.
- Notifies nurse immediately for Residents in pain/discomfort.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to Resident and nurse.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of Stat Orders and test results.
- Files records accordingly.
- Acknowledges all annunciator and notifier panels and contacts necessary department or personnel.
- Notifies Security regarding annunciator and notifier panels and then attempts to contact Resident/Apartment to confirm emergency.
- Contacts Emergency Vehicles for appropriate entrance and notifies Security.
- Uses good telephone communication skills.
- Works well with all departments in facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous related work experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.