Provides receptionist, data entry and clerical services to nursing units.
- Coordinates new admissions and transfers with admitting, other departments, Physicians, Nurse Manager, and other facilities as necessary.
- Sets up and maintains resident charts.
- Accurately completes all required reports and forms within established timeframes. Maintains unit log books.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies by remaining aware of the level of supplies as they are depleted and replenishes as appropriate.
- Maintains daily bedside charting by placing all necessary paperwork in hot boxes on admission and retrieving paperwork at time of discharge.
- Accurately enters Resident information and laboratory orders into computer system.
- Coordinates Resident appointments with ancillary departments, diagnostic centers and other health care agencies.
- Notifies nurse immediately for Residents in pain/discomfort.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to Resident and nurse.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of Stat Orders and test results.
- Files records accordingly.
- Acknowledges all annunciator and notifier panels and contacts necessary department or personnel.
- Notifies Security regarding annunciator and notifier panels and then attempts to contact Resident/Apartment to confirm emergency.
- Contacts Emergency Vehicles for appropriate entrance and notifies Security.
- Uses good telephone communication skills.
- Works well with all departments in facility.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Previous Related Experience Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology helpful. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal long term care setting with frequent exposure to sick residents.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Continuously
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.