Provides receptionist, data entry and clerical services to nursing units.
- Coordinates all phone calls made to physicians, families, interdisciplinary departments and other health care agencies.
- Effectively demonstrates the use of the call bell to locate personnel in order to minimize noise.
- Responds to patient call bells courteously and in a timely manner and relays information/requests to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Assists the Eucharistic Minister during communion rounds by providing accurate dietary information.
- Makes copies as requested.
- Maintains daily bedside charting by placing all necessary paperwork in hot boxes on admission and retrieving paperwork at time of discharge.
- Coordinates new admissions and transfers with admitting, other departments, Physicians, Nurse Manager, and other facilities as necessary.
- Sets up and maintains patient charts.
- Accurately completes all required reports and forms within established timeframes. Maintains unit log books.
- Maintains inventory of unit supplies from the Warehouse or Central and replenishes when appropriate.
- Accurately enters patient information, medical orders and patient charges into computer system.
- Coordinates Resident appointments with ancillary departments, diagnostic centers and other health care agencies.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patients in pain/discomfort.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to patient and reports it immediately to the nurse.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of Stat Orders and test results.
- Maintains the correct PAR levels for lab supplies and correctly orders supplies as needed.
- Ensures that lab supplies are not expired. Discards as appropriate.
- Correctly orders unit supplies through Lawson according to PAR levels.
- Participates in the development of monthly work schedules for the secretaries on the nursing unit and ensures timely submission to the nurse manager.
- Signs, dates, and times all doctors’ orders then scans all doctors’ orders to pharmacy.
- Enters doctors’ orders into Sorian.
- Takes CPOE orders off of printer and places in nurse’s box (if D/C to rehab makes a copy of the order before placing in nurse’s box).
- Prints Wellsoft for ER patients.
- Prepares admissions charts for all patients.
- Calls Admitting when patient arrives on the unit.
- Puts patients in bed management for discharge.
- Dismantles charts when patients leave.
- Updates PIB board with patient information, falls precautions, AND, BS, Centra Lines, D/C.
- Prints specimen labels for nurses/techs.
- Checks CPOE Alerts and addresses them (MRI, consults, wound vac).
- Sends faxes as directed by RN.
- Checks fax machine for incoming faxes and files.
- Fills out MRI screening forms (top portion only) then gives to nurse to fill out. Once completed, fax form, face sheet, and order to MRI.
- Calls film file room and MRI for all EMTALA patients for disc and pick up disc.
- Calls for priest or chaplain as directed by RN.
- Calls EKG to have STAT EKGs read as directed by RN.
- Files H&P, EKGs, consults, MRI reports.
- Orders specialty supplies such as beds from outside vendors as directed by RN.
- Notifies RN of patients on surveillance cameras who may potentially fall.
- Prints patient labels correctly and places labels in designated area.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Previous related work experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology helpful. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Continuously
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.