The CDI/Coding Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative oversight of the Coding and CDI daily operations. They will be responsible for the timely coding of all patient accounts. The CDI/Coding Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Coding Systems Manager and Coding Manager to achieve productivity, quality, accuracy and education in the 3M System Application. The CDI/Coding Coordinator will assist as liaison between Coding and CDI. They will be responsible for system utilization of clinical documentation. They will assist with schedules, productivity benchmarks, quality initiatives and overall financial impacts of the CDI team. They will follow Coding, CDI and HIM Operational initiatives.
- Current knowledge of coding clinics and other guidelines.
- Participate in coding educational needs.
- Coordinate Coding and CDI quality audits.
- Coordinate scheduled and non-scheduled coding audits on: coders, payers, DRGs, physicians and Non-DRG coding impacts.
- Monitor Coding and CDI productivity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for coordinating coding policies, documentation policies to ensure HIM compliance with OIG, CMS and hospital policies.
- Schedule, coordinate, assign and evaluate external resources for coding.
- Utilize 3M Reporting for Reconciliation and evaluation of final DRG selections.
- Coordinate all 2nd level reviews – Hospital Acquired Conditions, Patient Safety Indicators and other hospital based initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with Patient Financial Services.
- Collaborates on unbilled accounts for inpatient and outpatient services.
Associates Degree in Health Information Management
Must have at least 5 years’ experience in an acute care setting.
Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a Certified Coding Specialist.
Certifications and Licenses:
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) Required.
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) Preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Current knowledge of coding clinics and other guidelines.
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Clinical Documentation Integrity experience preferred.
Normal office environment with occasional visits to locations across the system and off-site.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.