CentraState Helathcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical center is seeking a Histology Technician to work in our laboratory processing tissue specimens for the preparation of microscopic slides necessary for the Histologic diagnosis of disease.
- Prepares tissues for examination by pathologist. Fixes, embeds, cuts, stains and mounts tissue sections from surgical diagnostic cases and from autopsies
- Prepares cytology specimens for examination using the correct “cyto prep” method Operates Thin Prep Machine
- Stains slides for Pathology review
- Prepares frozen section specimens, with slides available to pathologist within 15 minutes of receipt
- Participates in section quality control testing, documentation and corrective action
- Maintains Histology equipment
- Completes assigned responsibilities in section prior to end of shift
- Fulfills requirements of Clinical Ladder I/II
- Accurately accessions, collects, and labels specimens into lab computer
- Troubleshoots any related errors and does corrective action
- Prepares specimens for “Send Out” testing to include filling out requisitions, obtaininginsurance information, cutting of slides, “tracking of specimens” and documentation
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (A.A.S.) required
- Previous experience as a histology technician preferred
- ASCP registration preferred
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.